To make the history of the Bible and its contents accessible and known by answering the following six questions:
1. Who wrote the Bible?
2. What does the Bible contain?
3. Where is the Bible written?
4. Why was the Bible written?
5. What opposition has the Bible survived?
6. How has the Bible influenced our language, culture, values, society, and law?
Vision - to make the history of the Bible known to everyone
- The Nordic Bible Museum is centrally located in Oslo in Nedre Slottsgate 4c.
- Fact-based information dissemination.
- The main part of the museum’s exhibition is founder Rune Arnhoff’s collection of over 4,500 Bibles. The collection contains a varied selection of Norwegian, Nordic and foreign Bibles.
- The collection contains cultural-historical treasures. Some of the rarest are an edition of Gustav Vasa’s Bible from 1541, an original page from a Gutenberg Bible, a Latin Bible from 1487 and handwritten pages from around 1250. The museum will also display historical material from other collections.
- Click here here for the museum’s product sheet.
It ain’t the parts of the Bible that I can´t understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand
– Mark Twain 1835-1910.